Tuesday 15 April 2014

Things I Wear #2

"Why the fuck do my tights look blue they're GREEN!"

Considering it is the Easter holidays, and I get to wear my own clothes everyday (I live in the UK and go to a school with a hideous school uniform) I thought I might make the most of that fact so I figured, especially because the last one yesterday quickly became my second most popular post, that it might be nice to do another post like it.

This one is entitled "Why the fuck do my tights look blue they're GREEN" because in all of these pictures, no matter what angle I had the camera, whatever lighting I was in, flash, no flash, I couldn't make them look the tealy green that they are. Ahh, well.




Blue Babydoll Smock Dress, Charity Shop - Today I am wearing a grey-ish blue denim dress which I bought from a charity shop in my local village, sort of a smock cut so it doesn't go right in at the waist. The sleeves are quite baggy and are turned over at the ends which makes the whole thing quite neat. The stitching is done in a far darker colour, which is quite nice, and it has a long silver zip that runs right the way from the back of my neck to my waist. The exposed zip is typical of punk fashion, but the grey-blue denim equates more to grunge. The loose cut of the dress would associate it naturally with grebos and moshers in the 1990s, which was a grunge-skater subgenre, which included those who did not skate.

Green Tights, Ebay - I am all about brightly coloured tights, especially with plainer dresses. They add a pop of colour and are fabulous for the spring and autumn times, when you feel in a summery mood still/ already, but it is just too cold to go barelegged. Or you cannot be arsed to shave your legs. These are a tealy colour, edging more to the green - but none of these photos really showed that, which is a shame.

Dr Martens - these are the same as yesterday's post, look there for more information.

Pink Rose Hairband, Claire's - This dusty hairband sits perfectly behind my awkwardly emo friend, giving the entire outfit a slightly more feminine, softer vibe. It actually matches my lipgloss, which was, incidentally, Soap and Glory Sexy Motherpucker Gloss Stick in the shade Bashful. The flower crown fashion is currently quite big in Tumblr-esque fashion (argued as the current definitive trend here), but this is a less obvious alternative.

Ear Cuff, Claire's - I really want to get my lip pierced, and whilst my family are fine with it, my school would not be. So this is an ear cuff from Claire's accessories, worn on my lower lip. Because necessity is the mother of customisation! Facial piercings were a large part of punk fashion and remain to be one to this day.





No comments:

Post a Comment